The Vancouver Island Building and Construction Trades Council is the voice of the 5,000 union construction workers throughout the cities, towns and villages on Vancouver Island.
Our purposes are to:
- Promote the industry for the advancement of all affiliates and their members;
- Develop and advance apprenticeship training through cooperation with federal and provincial agencies, trades colleges and union Joint Training Apprenticeship Committees in traditional crafts;
- Promote and develop safe work practices in the construction industry;
- Develop and foster partnerships with our communities, employers and customers;
- Participate in legislative activities that promote building and construction trades unions and their members;
- Promote and and develop strong, fair and meaningful labour/management cooperatives; and
- Assist and cooperate with other recognized Trade and Labour Councils.